better Restaurant websites

Tips & Tricks on getting more out of your restaurant website

Turn off the Music, now.

96.75% of visitors that land on a music-playing website, leave again. The remaining 3.25% are owners listening to that one epic track they chose over and over again. Whilst that figure may not be accurate, it’s likely not far from the truth. It also depends if your website is playing bad or terrible music (there’s no such thing as good music, as we don’t want to hear anything at all). We can’t tell you how many times we’ve landed on one of these pages and just clicked back again. It didn’t matter how good the food or ratings were, the opportunity to review that information was already lost on us.

restaurant websites playing musics

Alternatively, it’s perfectly fine to embed videos (that do not auto-play) and showcase live events or otherwise from your establishment. We thank you in advance for keeping your website quiet , absolutely silent.


Noel Tock

About the Author
As founder of happytables , Noel Tock helps many restaurants make more money from their online traffic. If you have questions, just ping him on twitter or linkedin.